Friday 22 February 2013

Cold Cruise

The morning was cold and grey again but no wet stuff, so we stuck to the plan and after a service stop, set off for Hindford, about six canal miles cruising, after an hour or so the cold was numbing our legs despite the extra layers, only the dogs seemed not to care but they were under two blankets and for the most of it asleep 
We passed yet another boat hire company with the prospective boats lining half a mile of the tow path, yesterday we were in a hire company premises buying some diesel and they had over thirty boats being polished ready for the Llangollen bumper boat derby due to start late March, we aim to be off it by then.
We passed  several fields with new born lambs in looking cold and confused.....much like us I guess,the entrance to the Montgomery canal was noted for a possible de-tour on the way back...depending on time of course, and finaly we moored at the Jack Mytton pub at Hindford well it is Friday. 
Val Hill - tree topped glacial mound 

If the dry spell continues we plan to continue on towards Chirk and the Vale of Llangollen tomorrow.
Bye for now
Baz and Ali



4 comments:

  1. Hi Ali and Baz hope you are enjoying some well earned refreshment at the pub! Was the idea to blog early in case you were too tipsy later Lol!
    I loved yesterday's blog about appearing drunk in all the layers of clothing and the dogs sniffing snowdrops it made me laugh you both have a way with words!

    The pics of the Mere were great too even though weather bleak.

    I went on the long range weather forecast site yesterday to supposedly cheer me up but wished I had nt bothered Lol well they simply MUST be wrong!




    Lots of love to you both.




    Chrissie X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the pics of the Mere, it was definitely the best bit about Ellesmere for us!
      The dogs really loved that woodland walk x

      Delete
  2. Hi guys, the weather certainly is wintry, with no sunny signs of spring at the moment; the cold numb legs I can SO empathise with; a similar thing happened to david and I as we attempted to carry on sorting out our back garden. We are currently installing some raised beds to grow veg in. When I woke this morning (sat) the ground was covered in a thin layer of snow, so don't think we will be attempting any more digging for a while! I'm not sure you saw my previous blog comment, as I think I may have put it on an older page, but I'm very pleased to be able to comment (anonymously)having battled with my demons and set up a different google account without any features (hopefully) that can identify me. I wish I was coming with you to see the mountains; let us know what they are like when you get to see them. Lots of love, sister R.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rach - it's great to get your feedback - we get a note from Google every time there's a comment so don't worry that we've missed them!
    It's snowed here today too and is bone cold. Hope veg garden planning is going ok,spring must be just around the corner x

    ReplyDelete