Tuesday 14 May 2013

Micky and the Marina

It feels familiar, leaving Ali at a bus stop with too many bags, drag the dogs back to the boat, as they desperately try to tell me I had made a terrible mistake and have forgot Ali. But it gets worse for them, as for the first time we were cruising to a marina, and  without her, now this is unusual,   It obviously will mean hardship for us, me, nobody to blame if things go wrong + no regular supply of hot beverages throughout the cruise,but more importantly, as far as the dogs are concerned, no snacks every time Ali pops up from below with the said beverages!!
 Well about three hours later we had safely manoeuvred into a berth, ( we will skip over just how this went thanks ) put the hood back up, then came a huge hail shower,so hard it was hard to see more than a few feet, what timing eh ! phew, now we have just plain rain, so now I find out what marina life is like, they always look like a place narrow boats go to die to me, we have never really fancied trying one, but, needs must etc. etc.


We are, second row from the left, second boat down, with the hood up.


Canal to the left, marina and Micky to the right.


Anyone seen my boat ? kinda long and thin,


Micky with a droopy tunnel light, is it shame, for being in a marina, or rubbish workmanship ?

Well Ali will have had a full days worth of travelling, mile or so walk to a bus stop, bus to Macclesfield, train to Bassingstoke, wait, then a train to Tisbury wilts, finally Sandra has volunteered to pick her up at the station   ( thanks Sandra ) and take her to my mums, put the kettle on Ali and your feet up.
I am sure my mum will apreciate Ali's help and the trouble she has gone to in getting there, I know I do, thanks love, and where is my clean shirt ?

Bye for now,
Baz and .........

1 comment:

  1. Hope the pooches are nt out of sorts for too long Baz ! Marina looks quite reasonable, are the facilities good? Hopefully you are in amongst a friendly but quiet crowd! Ali teinked me your Mums number I ll give her a ring in a min and see how her day went

    ReplyDelete