Thursday 16 May 2013

Mow Cop

Well the good news for us is, that after a day of wind and rain, our solar panels still have done their job, at lights out last evening our batteries were still fully charged,even with some t.v. viewing, so the engine has not been used since Monday, and wont be needed today.

Not such good news is that our composting toilet arrived yesterday.........just,  not so good " the canal shop " opening Christmas presents must be a doddle in their houses.
Having now read the instructions ( now that is a first ) I feel I could fit it myself, how I wish I had brought more tools with me, Even I know making a hole in the roof is done more easily with a power drill, than my claw hammer ( nearest thing I have now ) so we will see what Heritage can do, and more importantly, when.




Fortunately all seems to be here and intact, more by luck than care, all the tape on the top, and little on the bottom where the weight sits, over £800 worth of goods in there, hope it all works!!

Mow Cop.


As it was a dry day ( hurrah ) I took the dogs on a decent walk, to make up for the last couple of inactive days. The obvious choice of route had to be Mow Cop ( pronounced to rhyme with cow ) and the ruined castle that sits there, ( fake, really a de-luxe garden feature ) known as Wilbraham's  folly, still it looks like the real thing, and is a good walk up to it at around a thousand feet.



Quite impressive, you do have remind yourself it could just as easily have been a huge garden gnome. 


Inside is complete with fake fire places.



But, garden ornament or not, it commands spectacular views. 


From all directions and angles.

It was a good walk, even though most of it had to be done on roads, without maps it's hard to look for more scenic routes and we can't have a  map for all the places we go, we haven't the space, not to forget the cost, so navigation is trusted to my sense of direction, ( if the blogs suddenly stop, you now know why) and luck.
We will see what happens with the toilet fitting tomorrow.
Bye for Now,
Baz 

No comments:

Post a Comment